The C. R. Wood Cancer Center physicians and staff work closely with the National Cancer Institute and other respected organizations to identify and provide opportunities for local people to take part in national clinical research trials involving the latest in cancer therapy, without having to travel to Albany, Boston or New York City. Currently, there are 40 trials in clinical research open and available to patients through the Cancer Center.
Under the clinical research program, local people receive the latest available treatments through the C.R. Wood Cancer Center at Glens Falls Hospital and their case histories are then compared to similar patients across the country in an effort to identify and refine the most effective of the new therapies.
Clinical studies involve research using human volunteers (also called participants) that is intended to add to medical knowledge. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), there are two main types of clinical studies: clinical trials and observational studies. More than 300 local people have participated in clinical studies at the Cancer Center over the past five years.
For More information contact Beth Brundage, RN,
OCN, at 926-6644 or Nanette Oberhelman, at 926-6701.
Clinical Trials: Breast
- Randomized Phase III Trial of Adjuvant Therapy Comparing Doxorubicin Plus Cyclophosphamide Followed by Weekly Paclitaxel with or without Carboplatin for Node-Positive or High-Risk Node-Negative Triple-Negative Invasive Breast Cancer
PUMA NER 1301
- (NALA) A Study of Neratinib Plus Capecitabine vs. Lapatinib Plus Capecitabine in Patients with Her2+ Metastatic Breast Ca who Have Received >/= 2 Prior Her2-Directed Regimens in the Metastatic Setting
Head and Neck:
CTSU RTOG 0920
- A Phase III Study of Postoperative Radiation Therapy (IMRT) =/- Cetuximab for Locally-Advanced Resected Head and Neck Cancer
Clinical Trials: Leukemia
P TG UTX-TGR-204
- A Multi-Center, Open-Label, Study to Evaluate the Safety & Efficacy of Ublituximab (TG-1101) in Combination with TGR-1202 for Patients Previously Enrolled in Protocol UTX-TGR-304
P TG UTX-TGR-304
- A Phase 3, Randomized Study to Assess the Efficacy & Safety of Ublituximab in Combination with TGR-1202 Compared to Obinutuzumab in Combination with Chlorambucil in Patients with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL)
Clinical Trials: Lung
- Phase III Comparison of Thoracic Radiotherapy Regimens in Patients with Limited Small Cell Lung Cancer also Receiving Cisplatin and Etoposide
CTSU A151216 NSCLC-
- Genetic Testing For Patients with Resectable or Resected Lung Cancer (ALCHEMIST)
- A Phase III Double-Blind Trial for Surgically Resected Early Stage NSCLC: Crizotinib vs. Placebo for Patients with Tumors Harboring the Anaplastic Lymphoma Kinase (ALK) Fusion Protein. (ALCHEMIST)
CTSU A081105 Alchemist
- A Phase III Randomized Double Blind Placebo Controlled Study of Erlotinib or Placebo in Patients with Completely Resected Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) Mutant NSCLC (ALCHEMIST)
P BMS CA209370 CheckMate
- A Master Protocol of Phase 1/2 Studies of Nivolumab in Advanced NSCLC Using Nivolumab as Maintenance after Induction Chemotherapy or as First-line Treatment Alone or in Combination with Standard of Care Therapies
- P Merck KEYNOTE-189 A Randomized, Double-Blind, Phase III Study of Platinum+ Pemetrexed Chemotherapy with or without Pembrolizumab (MK-3475) in First Line Metastatic Non-squamous NSCLC Subjects (Hold-Pending SIV
Clinical Trials: Lymphoma
P Celgene Magnify CC-5013-NHL-008
- Randomized Study of Lenalidomide (CC-5013) plus Rituximab Maintenance Therapy Followed by Lenalidomide Single-agent Maintenance vs Rituximab Maintenance in Subjects with Relapsed/Refractory Follicular, Marginal Zone or Mantle Cell Lymphoma (Hold-Pending SIV)
Clinical Trials: Multiple Myeloma
P Celgene CC-4047-MM-014
- A Phase 2, Multicenter, Multi-Cohort, Open-Label Study of Pomalidomide in Combination with Low -Dose Dexamethasone or Pomalidomide in Combination with Low -Dose Dexamethasone and Daratumumab in Subjects with Relapsed or Refractory Multiple Myeloma Following Lenalidomide-based therapy in the First or Second Line Setting
Clinical Trials: Pancreatic
- A Phase III Trial Evaluating Both Erlotinib and Chemoradiation as Adjuvant Treatment for Patients with Resected Head of PancreasAdenocarcinoma
Clinical Trials: Prostate
Clinical Trials: Renal
Clinical Trials: Prevention
- A Double Blind Placebo-Controlled Trial of Eflornithine and Sulindac to Prevent Recurrence of High Risk Adenomas and Second Primary Colorectal Cancers s/p one year after primary resection in Patients with Stage 0-III Colon Cancer, Phase III - Preventing Adenomas of the Colon with Eflornithine and Sulindac (PACES)
- Breast Cancer Collaborative Registry (BCCR) for patients who have breast cancer that has been recently diagnosed, have a history of breast cancer, or are at high risk of developing breast cancer, or because relatives have been diagnosed with breast cancer.
- informCLLâ„¢: A Disease Registry for Patients with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia